With exercises inspired by martial arts from Boxing, BJJ, Muay Thai, Dutch Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Mixed with traditional functional exercises, this High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) routine will challenge the aerobic and anaerobic threshold of all levels from those getting back into fitness all the way to active fighters, athletes and fitness goers.
- Weight loss
- Increased muscle definition
- HIIT your fitness
- Increase energy levels
- Kick start your day
This HIIT workout routine is suitable for the beginner, as its moves can be modified to make them easier. For those of you who want even more of a challenge, the exercises also can be modified to become even harder.
Option A – Individual Session, composed of 4-5 rounds (dependant on duration), comprising of one of the following HIIT formats:
- 60 second split (40:20, 50:10 etc) repeating the same exercise multiple times
- 4-5 minutes on vs 1 minute off in a circuit format
- Tabata 20:10 x 8 before moving on
- 60secs on primary exercise, 30secs on secondary exercise, 4 exercises in succession before break
Option B – Partnered Session, following the same formats as above but with a different range of exercises to chose from.